SSP tests positive, to miss Euro Tour - Viral Khabra

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

SSP tests positive, to miss Euro Tour


 
New Delhi(Agencies):Golfer SSP Chawrasia has tested positive for Covid-19 due to which his plans to play on the European Tour have gone awry. The 42-year-old Chawrasia, a six-time winner on the Asian Tour and with four wins on the European Tour, is in home-quarantine at his Kolkata residence.
Chawrasia, who won the Indian Open in 2016 and 2017, had recently started training at the Royal Calcutta Golf Course and was slated to fly to England this week. He was asymptomatic and got tested only because a negative test report was required before travelling.
 “I am feeling perfectly fine and don’t seem to have any symptoms,” said Chawrasia. “There is no weakness, no fever and I am feeling active. But on doctor’s advice I have quarantined myself in my house in a separate room from my wife. We are both inside the house and are not stepping out since the positive results.”
Chawrasia plans get tested once again in a day or two to be sure. “I actually went for a test on my own after taking a doctor’s advice, since I was planning to go to UK for the European Tour events,” he said. “I was not feeling any discomfort. It was just a precaution before travelling as I have a lot of events coming in the UK.”
No symptoms
 “I did not have symptoms. All was normal but I had to have a test because that is needed to fly out. The test turned out to be positive and I have been advised home quarantine,” he said. His wife, Simantini, will also get tested again, he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here